Greetings from Cancun, Mexico! It is my honor, as the president of the nation’s leading senior care franchise, to be here to celebrate Caring Hearts & Direct Link’s 15th anniversary with many of our franchise owners and staff at our annual National Conference!
Every day, we have the privilege of truly making a difference in thousands of people’s lives by making life easier and more enjoyable for our clients, as
well as providing peace of mind and support to their friends and families.
Fifteen years ago, home healthcare was hardly a blip on the radar screen. Now, it’s one of the fastest-growing sectors in the healthcare industry, and the demand for these services will only continue to rise as America ages.
People are living longer today than ever before, and our care needs and desires are evolving from what they once were. With families living further apart and more women working and waiting longer in life to have children, we’re seeing an increasing demand for professionally trained caregivers to come to the home to provide care that, in the past, was provided by family.
Our Population at a Glance
- 70% of seniors will require long-term care at some point in their lives1
- 9 out of 10 seniors want to age in place in the comfort of home2
- 130 million Americans affected by chronic disease3
- Chronically ill account for 76% of hospitalizations3
- Within two years, nearly 25% of all hospital patients are readmitted for the same conditions that prompted their initial hospitalization4
- Beginning this month, Medicare is now penalizing hospitals for avoidable hospital readmissions5
- National median cost of in-home care is $42,328 while a private or semi-private room in a nursing home can cost up to $74,095 annually – that’s a 75% difference!6
These statistics make one thing clear – our population’s health and well-being depend heavily on our nation’s ability to provide affordable home care to those who need it.
I am proud to say that Caring Hearts and Direct Link are doing our part to provide an affordable, comprehensive solution to meet America’s growing care needs by continually broadening our continuum of care, from companion care to medical services to 24/7 telehealth and emergency monitoring.
The past 15 years have brought much joy, growth and success, and we are looking forward to the bright future ahead! For more information, visit www.HomeHelpers.CC or www.DirectLink911.com.
1U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
3“Strategic Framework of Chronic Conditions” John Hopkins University Study 2002-2010
4Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
52011 Genworth Cost of Care Survey