Caring Hearts Memory Keepers Walk to Support Alzheimer’s Research!
This past Saturday, October 6, the Caring Hearts Memory Keepers gathered together for the third year in a row to pay tribute to loved ones and support a great cause at the 2012 Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
With 28 Caring Hearts Memory Keepers team members and several four-legged friends, this year was our best yet! Through bake sales, silent auctions and everything in between, we surpassed our fundraising goal to contribute to the more than $300,000 raised by the Greater Cincinnati Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association – the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research.
Alzheimer’s awareness and research is a cause that we at Caring Hearts feel very strongly about because it affects so many of us on so many levels. I personally have lost two aunts to this devastating disease.
Since 2000, the number of Alzheimer’s deaths has increased by 66%, and this number will only continue to rise unless we take a stand!
- Currently, 5.4 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease.
- One in eight older Americans has Alzheimer’s disease.
- It is the 6th leading cause of death in the U.S., but the only one that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed.
- More than 15 million Americans provide unpaid care valued at $210 billion for persons with Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
- It costs the nation $200 billion annually.
Join us in the fight to end the Alzheimer’s epidemic and become an Alzheimer’s Champion today! For more information, visit www.alz.org.
Making Life Easier® Your loved one is in the best hands with our team.